|November 4, 2014
||The panel videos are now available for download from the Talks page.
|October 29, 2014
||The conference photos have been posted.
|October 25, 2014
||The keynotes presentations have been posted.
|September 1, 2014
||The conference technical program has been posted. Visit the
Program Overview and
Program Details pages for
|June 26, 2014
||Registration is now open.
|June 26, 2014
||Author notifications have been sent out.
|June 17, 2014
||Author notification has been delayed to June 27 (due to a delay in the review process).
|May 25, 2014
||Paper submission is now closed.
|April 29, 2014
||The paper submission deadline has been extended to May 19, 2014.
|April 15, 2014
||Special Session: Robot Vision has been posted.
|March 20, 2014
||Paper Submission is now open. Deadline is May 5, 2014.
|March 18, 2014
||Posted Registration fees and information.
|January 12, 2014
||Posted: Call for Papers,
Keynote Speakers, and
Hotel & Travel Information.
|December 17, 2013
||The Call for Papers will be posted soon.
|October 8, 2013
||ICIAR 2014 web site launched.
ICIAR – The International Conference on Image Analysis
and Recognition aims to bring together researchers in the fields of
Image Processing, Image Analysis and Pattern Recognition.
The conference will address recent advances in theory, methodologies
and applications. The scientific program will include invited speakers
and fully refereed contributions that will be published in the conference
The ICIAR series of conferences is organized annually, alternating between
Europe and America.
- In 2004, the first conference, ICIAR 2004,
was held in Porto, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2005 was held in Toronto, Canada.
- ICIAR 2006 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2007 was held in Montreal, Canada.
- ICIAR 2008 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2009 was held in Halifax, Canada.
- ICIAR 2010 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2011 was held in Burnaby, BC, Canada.
- ICIAR 2012 was held in Aveiro, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2013 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2014 will take place in Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal.
Download the ICIAR 2014 Call for Papers
Focused Topic: Sparse Representations for Image Analysis and Recognition
- Processing & Analysis
- Mathematical morphology
- Color analysis
- Texture analysis
- Motion analysis
- 3D image analysis, 3D computer vision
- Tracking, Realtime tracking
- Shape representation and matching, Geometrical modeling, Digital curves
- Real-time imaging
- Image representation and models
- Graphics, Virtual Reality
- Filtering, Digital filters, Adaptive filters
- Wavelets, Wedgelets, transforms
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Time-Frequency Analysis
- Blind signal separation (BSS), Blind deconvolution
- Image fusion
- Spatial Data Modeling
- Watermarking, Encryption, Security
- Deformable models
- Multi-channel image processing
- Nonlinear image processing
- Image and video coding, compression
- Streaming, transmission, communication
- Indexing & Retrieval
- Image and video databases
- Image and video retrieval and indexing
- Pattern Analysis & Recognition
- Feature extraction
- Feature selection
- Ensembles and multi-classifiers
- Hybrid methods
- Syntactical methods
- Object recognition
- Face recognition, 3D face recognition
- Character recognition
- Gesture recognition
- Image understanding
- Machine vision, Computer vision
- Statistical methods, Statistical estimation
- Image Description and Recognition
- Information Theory, Entropy
- Sensors, Sensor Fusion
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Intelligent systems, Soft Computing techniques
- Neural Network architectures
- Fuzzy logic, Fuzzy imag processing
- Image mining
- Biomedical imaging
- Document Processing
- Remote Sensing
- Security Systems, Surveillance
- Visual Inspection
- Secret sharing
- Hardware implementation, VLSI
- Computer-assisted surgery
- Automotive Sensors
- Cheque processing
- Human-computer interaction
- SAR Sea Ice Imagery
- Other applications
Center for Biomedical Engineering Research
INESC TEC – INESC Technology and Science
Centre for Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (CPAMI)
University of Waterloo
Faculty of Engineering
University of Porto
The ICIAR 2014 proceedings is published as two volumes in the
Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Volume I |