|July 8, 2016
||The conference proceedings are now available online on
|May 22, 2016
||The conference technical program has been posted. Visit the
Program Overview and
Program Details pages for
|April 13, 2016
||Author notifications have been sent out (for regular papers).
|April 3, 2016
||Author notification for regular papers has been postponed
to April 11, 2016 due to a delay in the review process.
|March 10, 2016
||Call for short and poster papers is posted. Submission deadline is March 31.
|February 24, 2016
||Paper submission deadline has been extended to March 7, 2016.
|February 14, 2016
||Fourth special session submission deadline extended to March 14, 2016.
|February 3, 2016
||Fourth special session announced:
Advances in Data Analytics and Pattern Recognition with Applications.
This special session is honouring the memory of the conference founder the late Professor Mohamed Kamel.
|January 25, 2016
||Third special session announced:
Recent Advances in Cardiovascular Image Analysis.
|January 14, 2016
||Paper Submission is now open.
|January 11, 2016
||Two special sessions info posted.
|December 10, 2015
||Dr. Mohamed Kamel passed away on Friday December 4, 2015. All colleagues involved in the ICIAR 2016 organization mourn the loss of our esteemed colleague and chair of all the ICIAR editions. ICIAR 2016 will keep his memory alive.
|December 2, 2015
||Details about the invited talks have been posted.
|Octoboer 24, 2015
||ICIAR 2016 web site launched.
ICIAR – The International Conference on Image Analysis
and Recognition aims to bring together researchers in the fields of
Image Processing, Image Analysis and Pattern Recognition.
The conference will address recent advances in theory, methodologies
and applications. The scientific program will include invited speakers
and fully refereed contributions that will be published in the conference
The ICIAR series of conferences is organized annually, alternating between
Europe and America.
- In 2004, the first conference, ICIAR 2004,
was held in Porto, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2005 was held in Toronto, Canada.
- ICIAR 2006 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2007 was held in Montreal, Canada.
- ICIAR 2008 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2009 was held in Halifax, Canada.
- ICIAR 2010 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2011 was held in Burnaby, BC, Canada.
- ICIAR 2012 was held in Aveiro, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2013 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2014 was held in Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2015 was held in Niagara Falls, Canada.
- ICIAR 2016 will take place in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- Special Sessions
- Processing & Analysis
- Mathematical morphology
- Color analysis
- Texture analysis
- Motion analysis
- 3D image analysis, 3D computer vision
- Tracking, Realtime tracking
- Shape representation and matching, Geometrical modeling, Digital curves
- Real-time imaging
- Image representation and models
- Graphics, Virtual Reality
- Filtering, Digital filters, Adaptive filters
- Wavelets, Wedgelets, transforms
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Time-Frequency Analysis
- Blind signal separation (BSS), Blind deconvolution
- Image fusion
- Spatial Data Modeling
- Watermarking, Encryption, Security
- Deformable models
- Multi-channel image processing
- Nonlinear image processing
- Image and video coding, compression
- Streaming, transmission, communication
- Indexing & Retrieval
- Image and video databases
- Image and video retrieval and indexing
- Pattern Analysis & Recognition
- Feature extraction
- Feature selection
- Ensembles and multi-classifiers
- Hybrid methods
- Syntactical methods
- Object recognition
- Face recognition, 3D face recognition
- Character recognition
- Gesture recognition
- Image understanding
- Machine vision, Computer vision
- Statistical methods, Statistical estimation
- Image Description and Recognition
- Information Theory, Entropy
- Sensors, Sensor Fusion
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Intelligent systems, Soft Computing techniques
- Neural Network architectures
- Fuzzy logic, Fuzzy imag processing
- Image mining
- Biomedical imaging
- Document Processing
- Remote Sensing
- Security Systems, Surveillance
- Visual Inspection
- Secret sharing
- Hardware implementation, VLSI
- Computer-assisted surgery
- Automotive Sensors
- Cheque processing
- Human-computer interaction
- SAR Sea Ice Imagery
- Other applications
Center for Biomedical Engineering Research
INESC TEC - INESC Technology and Science
Centre for Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (CPAMI)
University of Waterloo
Faculty of Engineering
University of Porto
The ICIAR 2016 proceedings will be published by Springer in the
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.