- October 12, 2005: Invited talks material has been
posted. You can download the presentations given by the invited speakers
at the Invited Talks page. Also conference
photos have been posted at the Photo Gallery page.
Thanks for everyone who contributed to success of ICIAR 2005.
We hope to see you again in ICIAR 2006 in Porto, Portugal.
- August 16, 2005: The special discounted rate for
the hotel has been extended until August 31. Details are on the Hotel
- July 22, 2005: The conference program has been announced.
Please check the Program Overview page for
a summary of the program, or the Program
Details page for the detailed program including type of presentation
and the allocated session of each paper.
- July 19, 2005: Travel Information
page has been posted. A discounted rate is offered by WestJet for north
- July 8, 2005: Invited
Talks information has been posted.
- May 23, 2005: Registration
instructions has been posted. Authors of accepted papers are required
to register by June 1, 2005, to have their papers included in the conference
- May 16, 2005: Author Registration and Camera-Ready
deadline has been extended until June 1, 2005. Registration
Fees has been posted. Details on payment methods and instructions
will follow soon.
- May 13, 2005: Conference
Venue and Hotel Information have been posted.
Registration info will be posted soon.
- May 6, 2005: Authors of accepted papers are required
to send a signed copyright form by the camera-ready deadline. Please
refer to the Camera-Ready instructions
page for details.
- May 2, 2005: Acceptance results: 295 total submissions,
out of which 166 papers have been accepted (acceptance rate: 56%).
- April 29, 2005: Decision notices have been sent out
to authors. Camera-Ready information
for authors of accepted papers has been posted. Registration
information will be posted soon.
- April 25, 2005: The notification of acceptance date
will be delayed a few more days.
- February 21, 2005: Due to many requests, the submission
deadline has been extended to March 4, 2005.
- January 7, 2005: Paper submission
page is now open. All submissions will be handled only through this
- December 22, 2004: Two special
sessions announced: Image Secret Sharing and Single-Sensor
- October 14, 2004: ICIAR 2005 call for papers
ICIAR – International Conference on Image Analysis
and Recognition aims to bring together researchers in the fields of Image
Processing, Analysis and Recognition.
The conference is a result of discussion between researchers in Portugal
and Canada to encourage collaboration and exchange between the two countries
with participation of experts and researchers from other countries. The
conference addresses recent advances in theory, methodologies and applications.
The scientific program will include invited speakers and fully refereed
contributions that will be published in the conference proceedings.
ICIAR is organized annually, alternating between Europe and North America.
In 2004, the first conference was held in Porto, Portugal. ICIAR 2005
will take place in Toronto, Canada.
The conference aims to provide a forum for presentations and discussions
of the recent methodological advances in Image Processing, Analysis and
Recognition. Special sessions will be also organized for addressing promising
applications in various fields. The topics of the conference include,
but are not limited to:
- Image and Video Processing and Analysis
- Image and Video Coding
- Image Retrieval and Indexing
- Image Description and Recognition
- Color, Texture, and Motion Analysis
- Document Processing
- Remote Sensing
- Security Systems
- Visual Inspection
- Special Session: Image Secret Sharing
- Special Session: Single-Sensor Imaging
ICIAR 2005 proceedings will be published as a volume
in the Springer Lecture
Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.