ICIAR – International Conference on Image Analysis and Recognition aims to bring together researchers
in the fields of
- Image Processing
- Image Analysis
- Pattern Recognition
The conference provides a forum for the researchers to present and discuss recent advances in theory,
methodologies and applications in the above fields. The scientific program includes invited talks by well
expert speakers, panel discussion on current topics and fully refereed contributions. Special sessions are
also organized for addressing promising applications in various fields.
The conference proceedings are published in the Springer LNCS -
Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
The authors of ICIAR series of conferences are invited to submit full papers showing original research
contributions. The work should not have been presented or published or being considered for review
or publication by other conferences or journals. The originality of all the papers will be checked using
iThenticate software package.
The major topics of the conference include the following:
- Processing and Analysis
- Coding and compression
- Indexing & Retrieval
- Pattern Analysis & Recognition
The ICIAR series of conferences is organized annually, in Europe and North America. ICIAR 2014 will
be held in Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2004, the first conference, was held in Porto, Portugal.
The acceptance rate was 66 % (210 accepted/316 submitted)
- ICIAR 2005 was held in Toronto, Canada.
The acceptance rate was 52 % (153/295)
- ICIAR 2006 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
The acceptance rate was 42 % (163/389)
- ICIAR 2007 was held in Montreal, Canada.
The acceptance rate was 44 % (115/261)
- ICIAR 2008 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
The acceptance rate was 48% (109/226)
- ICIAR 2009 was held in Halifax, Canada.
The acceptance rate was 57 % (94/164)
- ICIAR 2010 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
The acceptance rate was 56 % (92/164)
- ICIAR 2011 was held in Burnaby, BC, Canada.
The acceptance rate was 57 % (84/147)
- ICIAR 2012 was held in Aveiro, Portugal.
The acceptance rate was 52 % (108/207)
- ICIAR 2013 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
The acceptance rate was 52 % (92/177)
- ICIAR 2014 was held in Vilamoura, Portugal.
The acceptance rate was 60 % (107/177)
Center for Biomedical Engineering Research
INESC TEC – INESC Technology and Science
Centre for Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (CPAMI)
University of Waterloo
Faculty of Engineering
University of Porto