on Image Analysis and Recognition
June 22-24, 2011, Burnaby, BC, Canada
International Conference on Autonomous and Intelligent Systems
June 22-24, 2011
Burnaby, BC, Canada
|August 28, 2011
||Conference Photos have been posted.
|June 18, 2011
||Useful Information for conference participants has been posted.
Consult this page for information on campus map, bus information, services, shops, and food choices.
|May 12, 2011
||The conference technical program has been posted. Visit the Program Overview and Program Details pages for more information.
|March 10, 2011
||Registration fees and instructions have been posted.
|March 5, 2011
- Decisions have been sent to authors.
- Camera-ready instructions have been posted.
- Registration fees and instructions will be posted soon.
|February 28, 2011
||Author notification will be delayed due to a delay in the review process.
|February 22, 2011
||Invited Talks have been posted.
|January 14, 2011
||Paper submission deadline has been extended to January 24, 2011.
|January 14, 2011
||Student Travel Grants announced.
|December 24, 2010
||Competitions / Challenges announced.
|December 22, 2010
||Two Special Sessions are announced.
|December 8, 2010
||Paper Submission page is now open.
|October 31, 2010
||Important Dates have been posted.
Paper submission deadline is January 17, 2011.
|October 4, 2010
||ICIAR 2011 web site launched.
ICIAR – The International Conference on Image Analysis
and Recognition aims to bring together researchers in the fields of
Image Processing, Image Analysis and Pattern Recognition.
The conference will address recent advances in theory, methodologies
and applications. The scientific program will include invited speakers
and fully refereed contributions that will be published in the conference
The ICIAR series of conferences is organized annually, alternating between
Europe and America.
- In 2004, the first conference, ICIAR 2004,
was held in Porto, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2005 was held in Toronto, Canada.
- ICIAR 2006 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2007 was held in Montreal, Canada.
- ICIAR 2008 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2009 was held in Halifax, Canada.
- ICIAR 2010 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2011 will take place in Burnaby, BC, Canada.
- Processing & Analysis
- Mathematical morphology
- Color analysis
- Texture analysis
- Motion analysis
- 3D image analysis, 3D computer vision
- Tracking, Realtime tracking
- Shape representation and matching, Geometrical modeling, Digital curves
- Real-time imaging
- Image representation and models
- Graphics, Virtual Reality
- Filtering, Digital filters, Adaptive filters
- Wavelets, Wedgelets, transforms
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Time-Frequency Analysis
- Blind signal separation (BSS), Blind deconvolution
- Image fusion
- Spatial Data Modeling
- Watermarking, Encryption, Security
- Deformable models
- Multi-channel image processing
- Nonlinear image processing
- Image and video coding, compression
- Streaming, transmission, communication
- Indexing & Retrieval
- Image and video databases
- Image and video retrieval and indexing
- Pattern Analysis & Recognition
- Feature extraction
- Feature selection
- Ensembles and multi-classifiers
- Hybrid methods
- Syntactical methods
- Object recognition
- Face recognition, 3D face recognition
- Character recognition
- Gesture recognition
- Image understanding
- Machine vision, Computer vision
- Statistical methods, Statistical estimation
- Image Description and Recognition
- Information Theory, Entropy
- Sensors, Sensor Fusion
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Intelligent systems, Soft Computing techniques
- Neural Network architectures
- Fuzzy logic, Fuzzy imag processing
- Image mining
- Biomedical imaging
- Document Processing
- Remote Sensing
- Security Systems, Surveillance
- Visual Inspection
- Secret sharing
- Hardware implementation, VLSI
- Computer-assisted surgery
- Automotive Sensors
- Cheque processing
- Human-computer interaction
- SAR Sea Ice Imagery
- Other applications
Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence Lab
University of Waterloo
Biomedical Engineering Institute
Faculty of Engineering
University of Porto
Simon Fraser University
The ICIAR 2011 proceedings is published as
two volumes in the Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Part I |