|July 2, 2012
||Invited talks slides have been posted, available for download from the Invited Talks page.
|April 24, 2012
||The conference technical program has been posted. Visit the Program Overview and Program Details pages for more information.
|March 22, 2012
||Registration is now open. The deadline
for paper registration is April 13.
|March 16, 2012
||Camera-ready deadline has been extended until March 23.
|March 8, 2012
||Author notifications have been sent out.
Camera-Ready instructions and Registration fees are posted.
|March 1, 2012
||Due to a delay in the review process, author notifications will be sent next week.
|January 18, 2012
||Paper Submission deadline has been extended until January 27.
|December 13, 2011
||Paper Submission is now open.
|November 27, 2011
||First Special Session announced.
|October 18, 2011
||Important Dates posted.
Paper submission deadline is January 20, 2012.
|October 18, 2011
||ICIAR 2012 web site launched.
ICIAR – The International Conference on Image Analysis
and Recognition aims to bring together researchers in the fields of
Image Processing, Image Analysis and Pattern Recognition.
The conference will address recent advances in theory, methodologies
and applications. The scientific program will include invited speakers
and fully refereed contributions that will be published in the conference
The ICIAR series of conferences is organized annually, alternating between
Europe and America.
- In 2004, the first conference, ICIAR 2004,
was held in Porto, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2005 was held in Toronto, Canada.
- ICIAR 2006 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2007 was held in Montreal, Canada.
- ICIAR 2008 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2009 was held in Halifax, Canada.
- ICIAR 2010 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2011 was held in Burnaby, BC, Canada.
- ICIAR 2012 will take place in Aveiro, Portugal.
- Focused Topic
- Processing & Analysis
- Mathematical morphology
- Color analysis
- Texture analysis
- Motion analysis
- 3D image analysis, 3D computer vision
- Tracking, Realtime tracking
- Shape representation and matching, Geometrical modeling, Digital curves
- Real-time imaging
- Image representation and models
- Graphics, Virtual Reality
- Filtering, Digital filters, Adaptive filters
- Wavelets, Wedgelets, transforms
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Time-Frequency Analysis
- Blind signal separation (BSS), Blind deconvolution
- Image fusion
- Spatial Data Modeling
- Watermarking, Encryption, Security
- Deformable models
- Multi-channel image processing
- Nonlinear image processing
- Image and video coding, compression
- Streaming, transmission, communication
- Indexing & Retrieval
- Image and video databases
- Image and video retrieval and indexing
- Pattern Analysis & Recognition
- Feature extraction
- Feature selection
- Ensembles and multi-classifiers
- Hybrid methods
- Syntactical methods
- Object recognition
- Face recognition, 3D face recognition
- Character recognition
- Gesture recognition
- Image understanding
- Machine vision, Computer vision
- Statistical methods, Statistical estimation
- Image Description and Recognition
- Information Theory, Entropy
- Sensors, Sensor Fusion
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Intelligent systems, Soft Computing techniques
- Neural Network architectures
- Fuzzy logic, Fuzzy imag processing
- Image mining
- Biomedical imaging
- Document Processing
- Remote Sensing
- Security Systems, Surveillance
- Visual Inspection
- Secret sharing
- Hardware implementation, VLSI
- Computer-assisted surgery
- Automotive Sensors
- Cheque processing
- Human-computer interaction
- SAR Sea Ice Imagery
- Other applications
Biomedical Engineering Institute
Centre for Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (CPAMI)
University of Waterloo
Faculty of Engineering
University of Porto
The ICIAR 2012 proceedings is planned to be published as
a volume in the Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.