|March 27, 2017
||ICIAR 2018 announces TAP Air Portugal as the official carrier, offering
discont to conference participants. See Venue & Travel Info for details.
|March 26, 2017
||Registration is now open. Registration instructions are posted
|March 21, 2018
- Author notifications have been sent out.
- Camera-ready instructions posted (deadline April 5).
- Paper registration deadline April 11 (registration form to be posted soon).
|March 5, 2018
||Registration fees and info have been posted.
|January 19, 2018
||Paper submission deadline has been extended until February 1, 2018.
|January 11, 2018
||ICIAR 2018 announces a Springer prize with the total of 1000 Euros will be awarded to the three best papers of the conference.
|December 12, 2017
||Paper submission is now open.
|November 19, 2017
||Info on the panel session has been posted.
|October 12, 2017
||Info on special sessions, challenges, and panel has been posted.
|September 17, 2017
||Invited speakers info has been posted.
|August 1, 2017
||Conference dates announced. Paper submission deadline is January 22, 2018.
|July 17, 2017
||ICIAR 2018 web site launched.
ICIAR – The International Conference on Image Analysis
and Recognition aims to bring together researchers in the fields of
Image Processing, Image Analysis and Pattern Recognition.
The conference will address recent advances in theory, methodologies
and applications. The scientific program will include invited speakers
and fully refereed contributions that will be published in the conference
The ICIAR series of conferences is organized annually, alternating between
Europe and America.
- In 2004, the first conference, ICIAR 2004,
was held in Porto, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2005 was held in Toronto, Canada.
- ICIAR 2006 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2007 was held in Montreal, Canada.
- ICIAR 2008 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2009 was held in Halifax, Canada.
- ICIAR 2010 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2011 was held in Burnaby, BC, Canada.
- ICIAR 2012 was held in Aveiro, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2013 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2014 was held in Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2015 was held in Niagara Falls, Canada.
- ICIAR 2016 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2017 was held in Montreal, Canada.
- ICIAR 2018 will take place in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- Deep Learning in Biology and Medicine
- Knowledge Discovery in Human Behavior Recognition
- Retinal Image Analysis for Screening and Diagnosis
- Image and Video Processing and Analysis
- Image restoration and enhancement
- Image and video segmentation
- Mathematical morphology
- Color, texture and motion analysis
- 3D image analysis
- Shape and matching
- Real time imaging
- Image and Video Coding
- Still image and video coding
- Image and video encryption
- Image Retrieval and Indexing
- Image and video databases
- Image and video retrieval and indexing
- Pattern Recognition Methods
- Feature extraction and selection methods
- Classification and Clustering techniques
- Ensembles and multi-classifiers
- Hybrid methods
- Syntactical methods
- Biomedical Imaging
- Document Processing
- Remote Sensing
- Security Systems
- Visual Inspection
- Other applications
Center for Biomedical Engineering Research
INESC TEC - INESC Technology and Science
Centre for Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (CPAMI)
University of Waterloo
Faculty of Engineering
University of Porto
The ICIAR 2018 proceedings will be published by Springer in the
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
TAP Air Portugal has agreed to offer a discount to the participants of the ICIAR 2018 who make
their flight booking and buy their ticket exclusively through TAP Air Portugal's website.
For details and conditions to access TAP discount, please check the informative appendix.